Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Salmon Tacos


Salmon Tacos

Today I made salmon tacos. I found this recipe and have made tuna tacos, but today I choose salmon instead of tuna. Fresh salmon would have been delicious, but I didn’t have any, so I used salmon patties from Costco. I cooked them on the stove and broke them up for the tacos. I still added other ingredients to spice it up.

Salmon Tacos

1 lb. salmon filet
¼ c. chopped onion
¼ c. red bellpepper, chopped
2 whole fresh tomatoes, chopped (I have to omit this because my kids don’t like tomatoes)
½ t. ground cumin
½ t. marjoram
2 t. garlic powder
1 t. oregano, dried (not ground)
¼ t. chili flakes, crushed
½ bunch cilantro, chopped
1 dozen corn tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Shredded lettuce or chopped cabbage
Crema Mexicana (table crème)
Chopped avocado
Twist of lime on salmon

Heat 2 T. olive oil in frying pan, cook salmon, set aside. Don’t drain pan. Saute oil and bellpepper in pan and add tomatoes and flaked salmon. Stir, add spices and cilantro until well blended. Add mixture to corn tortillas and fry as a taco. Serve with salsa, hot peppers, avocadoes. Or in the case of my kids, who don’t like tomatoes, omit from recipe, but add them as a side. Or add chopped cabbage and Crema Mexicana. Serve with fruit in season.

No comments:

Post a Comment