Friday, May 13, 2011

May 13, 2011

Lately I have been waking up at 6:30 a.m. I am not usually a morning person, in fact I love to sleep in. I think that is where my children get it from. They are extremely hard to wake up in the morning for school. I even went as far as saying that they are responsible for getting themselves up in the morning. It actually went good for a while. Then my husband, for the lack of words to use, flaked out. He started waking the kids up if they weren't up by a certain time. I told him that they were responsible and if they were late to school, it was their fault. I guess he is not ready to let them be responsible. He keeps saying that he doesn't want to be late for work; funny thing is that he comes right back home after dropping my son off and then he eats breakfast and gets his stuff ready. So I am not understanding his logic.

But I am making them get dressed before they eat breakfast, because otherwise they take too long at the table and again, it causes them to be late. I don't know how else to instill that they have to be on time. I can't keep yelling at them, it does no good. So, yes they do get dressed first and sometimes it takes them too long and they are not able to eat breakfast. I have made them cinnamon toast to take on the way to school, along with either tea or hot cocoa. My son would prefer coffee to tea, but I don't allow that. I'm sure soon enough he will be drinking coffee like there is no tomorrow. I guess that is his way of waking up. I know I need my tea to wake up in the morning, so I am no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment