Sunday, April 24, 2011

April 24, 2011

Today is Easter Sunday and millions of people are gathering across the country and eating their Easter lunches. There are also millions of people who are going out to eat lunch instead of being stuck at home making food for everyone. I think that more people tend to go out to lunch for Easter Sunday than on any other holiday. Of course I could be wrong, but the grocery stores were all open and restaurants were open, ready for the influx of people. I planned on staying home, in fact I had a tri-tip all thawed out and seasoned ready to be bar-be-queed. However my husband had other ideas. He planned on going to Costco to do a little shopping. Costco had other plans, they were closed. So he had to nix those plans. We always take a drive, always near lunch time or after lunch time and inevitably we are always starving. So we have to drive around looking for someplace to eat (actually we don't, but I think that it is his way of letting me not cook once in a while). Then comes the question - "Where do you want to go for lunch?" At this point when he asks, we are so hungry that we can't think straight and we (meaning me and the kids) could go anywhere. Our son chooses to go home and eat, my daughter chooses to go to her grandmothers' and make her cook for us. Me - I don't care, just give me food before I fall over. This is how my husband is different than us. He can go all day without eating and the rest of us need to eat every hour. And how come you might say haven't I figured this out and bring food with us? Well most of the time I honestly think that it will be only 1 hour that we will be out, so I am still learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment