Sunday, February 15, 2015

Beginning Crochet

Well, I think that I have mastered the chain stitch.  I have even gotten pretty good on turns.  This is my small swatch and the edges look pretty even.  The only thing that is hard to do is count stitches!  It was so hard to do because my stitches are a little on the tight side.  I have tried to make them looser, but I think the yarn has something to do with it.  Maybe a more thread count yarn would make a more looser stitch.  I am not sure if a fluffier yarn would make a more looser stitch, I think that it would make it more harder to see the stitches.


I am now going to try the half double crochet (abbreviated hdc).  I forgot to say that the single crochet is abbreviated "sc".  I guess it makes it easier in the directions, instead of writing out the words "single crochet" in a pattern to write down "sc", and the directions would be shorter.  


No comments:

Post a Comment