Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Big Experiment Part II

Well, a month has gone by since I have taken away the WII, DS and computer at home. I think it worked. He did more reading, he played outside more (exercise)and he didn't keep telling me "Okay, I know" or "In a minute" everytime I asked him to do something. I mean there was still attitude (what should I expect from a 7th grader trying to understand school with everyone having attitude at school)but not as much. In fact, it was interesting because I went to parent-teacher conferences to see how he was doing and they all stated that he has been doing better. He still is not where I would like to see him acedemically. In fact the teachers all said that he could get A's. I know he could also, but he is the sort of person who doesn't have to study to get a good grade or at least a passing grade, and that is what he does. He doesn't study. I don't know how many more times I need to keep saying "study, study, study" for it to sink it, maybe I will always have to say it.

So the month was up and I let him use the gaming systems again, but after talking with his teachers, I decided to take them away and let him use them only on weekends. I feel that this is a compromise and we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment