Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Turning Eleven

An Eleventh birthday is not a milestone, but it is in the eyes of an eleven year old. She gave me the list of who she wanted to invite to her party, the list went on and on. I told her that it was just going to be a family birthday and that she already had a “big” party when she turned 10. So….she whittled down the list to just grandparents and cousins. That was okay, but I told her it was just for cake. I mean it is not that I am against presents; who don’t love presents, but her birthday was the next day and my plan was to give the presents in the morning of her birthday when she woke up.

I asked her what type of cake she wanted, and then I showed her a picture of an ice cream cake that I found in Taste of Home (where else) that looked good. She said yes. I am glad, because it was 80ยบ on that day. It wasn’t too hard to make either, in fact it was quite easy.

Taste of Home Recipe, Oct./Nov. 2006 issue

1 pkg. (18 oz.) cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed and divided
¼ c. butter, melted
½ gallon vanilla ice cream, softened (the new smaller ice cream containers work just as well)
1 jar (16 oz.) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
1 carton (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed

In a bowl, combine 3 ¾ c. cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 dish. Spread with ice cream; cover and freeze until set.

Drizzle warmed fudge topping over ice cream cover and freeze until set. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.

YIELD: 12 Servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment