Friday, February 4, 2011

The Concert



Last night we went to a concert. I haven’t been to a concert in over 20 years, but I know that they haven’t changed that much. I knew that it would still be too loud for me, but I had to go as this was a Christmas present. So I brought my cotton balls for my ears, thinking that it would muffle the loud music. Well it did to a point, then the music got really loud and I could hear it, no, feel it inside my body beating away. You know that feeling when you are driving and pull up next to a teen-agers car with their boom box of a radio blasting through the air and you just hear the bass of the drums and you can feel it moving your vehicle. Well I felt like that, only I couldn’t drive away! I was stuck there!

I did enjoy parts of the concert, I did like who was performing and I liked her music. I think that I am too old; or rather to smart to want to go to concerts and ruin what hearing I have left. As it is, when my hubby or children talk to me, my pat answer is “Huh?” And I wonder where my kids get that from.

Now I am not advocating not going to concerts. There are some really good singers and groups I would love to see, but not at the expense of my hearing. I would love them to tone down the sound, or make it softer. Then you could really hear them sing and enjoy the music so much better. But on the other hand, I wonder if some of these groups and singers play their music too loud because they can’t sing and if we really heard them, we wouldn’t buy their CD’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment