Friday, February 11, 2011

February 11, 2011

This morning was supposed to start out like usual. I mean, the kids getting up on time and dressed, having ate breakfast and ready for school. Well, at least one child got up and was ready. The other one was sick, so of course he couldn’t get up. So I didn’t get upset. I did have an appointment at 9:30 a.m. so I had to have lunches ready and breakfast ready and I did! I had a talk with the children earlier in the week and stated that from now on, they will be responsible for themselves in getting up, getting ready for school, etc. I will no longer be yelling at them to get up or their father will not be going into their rooms to make them get up. They are now old enough, they both have alarm clocks and it is time. So that is what I did, and so far it is working! I feel so much better in the morning, I am more relaxed and that makes for a better day for everyone.


But this morning when I arose, I discovered that I had flatulence (gas or farts as everyone calls it) and they were not the usual silent type ones that don’t carry a smell, no, these were the kind that smelled. I had an interview at 9:30 a.m. and what if I still had gas, what was I supposed to do? I mean, normally in an interview it is just you and either one person or a group of people. I couldn’t look at the other person as if blaming them for the smell. So I hoped that it wouldn’t happen during the interview. Luckily I didn’t pass gas, at least not that I am aware of.

I really didn’t plan on applying for a job, but things are tough all over and our family is no exception. This job is only 1 hour a day, but I felt that it is enough for right now; at least I could get my foot in the door. It is for the food service department for the public school system and I felt since I have cooked most of my life for my family and for the church I know a little bit about cooking. The first thing that had to be done was a written test; they asked questions in regards to dividing and multiplication and of course money. Then they asked about the Danger Zone in food. As a cook that should be a no-brainer, but it honestly stumped me. So of course I put the wrong answer. I went home and looked it up on the internet (thank goodness for the internet!). Boy did I feel dumb. But somehow I passed that test (that was the only answer that was wrong) and now I had the interview. The interviewer was very nice (younger than me of course) and I enjoyed that interview. I didn’t try to hard to impress, I felt if it was meant to be it would happen. I did speak honestly and hopefully very knowledgeable, but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment