Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day Eight



“Mom, I want a dress up room!” I hear that constantly. I know that I promised to kind of get one for her, but I have no idea how to create one. I looked at magazines to get ideas, and there are some good ones out there, but I need to make it not as expensive as what is in the magazines.

Then she decides she wants a Fancy Nancy Room with secret hide-out. She even made her own secret hide-out with a chair next to her bed, blankets on top, books, pillows and dolls underneath. So now I am worried that if I create a dress-up room or Fancy Nancy Room, she will have moved on to something else.

I was thinking about getting some stickers that stick on the wall, sort of like wallpaper, but pictures of flowers, or circles, stars and squares. And she can put them on the wall, this way she can have a hand in decorating her room herself and it might be something that she can grow up with. I also thought of some type of sentence to put on the wall, something encouraging so that every time she looks at it, it will make her feel good. I also think a fluffy chair will be good.

Hopefully by the time I get everything together she won’t have grown up and moved out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment