Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rain

“Rain, rain go away, come again some other day.” It feels like the pitter patter of rain is never ending. I don’t think that I can live in Seattle or anywhere it rains a lot. It has rained steadily for two days and the forecast is for more rain for the next two days with chances of thunderstorms. Great, just great. I don’t mind the rain; in fact I enjoy the rain. Rain to me is a time to sit in front of the fireplace with a cup of steaming hot cocoa, eating cake, wrapped up in old jammies and watching old reruns on TV, except not everyday for a week.

But that wasn’t my day. Instead I ended up mopping up water that is seeping into the washroom. Then I had to go outside in the pouring rain to see if water was coming into the house. After putting on old work clothes, not rain clothes, as it never rains in southern California, went outside to investigate. There it was, somehow water was gushing out of the hill by the house and some was going under the foundation. Most of it was running away from the house, but I needed to divert the water that was running into our house. The only thing I thought of was putting dirt next to the foundation and hopefully it would hold. It did, at least for a while. But since it keeps raining with no end in sight, the rain washed away my dirt that I put next to the foundation, meaning I have to continue to mop up the washroom and also continue going outside to put dirt where the water is entering the house.

So much for sitting in front of the fireplace. Oh, and the bathroom roof is leaking too.

No comments:

Post a Comment