Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day Eleven

Today I made this delicious broccoli casserole. It was to die for. My husband even said it was fabulous and he normally doesn’t say anything about my food.


I found this recipe in a 2006 Taste of Home® magazine. It was in the October/November 2006 issue to be exact and it is called Comforting Broccoli Casserole by Kimberly Laabs.

I was looking through the magazine and decided to make it for our Christmas Day lunch, but I needed to try it out first. However, I didn’t need to because everything I have ever made from Taste of Home® is enjoyable.

The recipe is as follows:

2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 can (10 ¾ oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
½ cup Mayonnaise
2 T. butter, melted
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
¼ cup dry bread crumbs

In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; fold in broccoli. Transfer to greased 1 ½ qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Cover and bake at 400º for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Yield: 8 servings.

The only thing I changed is that I used fresh broccoli and pre-cooked them. I also think that I would take the foil off at least 10 minutes before the timer goes off to get the topping browned a little bit. I think it would look prettier.

No comments:

Post a Comment