Monday, December 13, 2010

Ice Cream is Like Water

Around our house ice cream never stays long. I just purchased a gallon container of ice cream on the 9th of this month and it is already less than ¼ left in the bottom. This family eats it like water, actually everyone but me eats it like water. I only have maybe 2/3 of a cup of ice cream at night. It’s the children and the husband who put at least 1 ½ cups of ice cream in their containers. I don’t purchase the expensive stuff, it costs too much and I can’t afford to be “throwing” that money away on ice cream when it is better off being spent on say staples like milk, flour, fruit and vegetables.

I have purchased the gallon containers from Target, and Von’s, but the brand that we truly enjoy is Golden Crème. There are not a lot of flavors, just vanilla, chocolate, chocolate chip, cookies and crème (Oreo type cookies), sherbet, vanilla and fudge swirl and Neapolitan. That’s more than enough for us to experiment. If we really wanted something special and we had extra money, we would purchase Dreyer’s, especially when they come out with the Girl Scout cookie ice creams. Delicious!

I have made ice cream from scratch and it is the most exquisite tasting ice cream there is, but I usually don’t have enough time to do it all the time. And with my family I would probably be making ice cream daily. So it is store bought ice cream I will continue on purchasing and hopefully I can teach my family a little moderation on eating it, at least to make it last a full week instead of 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment