Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day Four

Today I went for a brisk walk in the morning with my sister. The day was turning out to be beautiful. The sun was out and it was warm on our bodies. I wore a jacket, as I am always cold; I think it is just my nature. Our walk always starts out the same. We end up going up a hill, whether it be at my house or hers, there is always a hill. So for the first few minutes of walking up what seems like a very steep hill, we don’t talk. We have talked before walking up the hill, but we get to winded.

We walk about twice a week, or at least we try to. It isn’t easy with our different schedules. She might have errands to do in the morning or I have work for my husband’s company to do. When we first started it was just once a week, but then we decided twice a week would be better for us. And it is because that is really the only real exercise I get. I walk around the house, going up and down the stairs, going from room to room to put clothes away, going outside to take out the trash, but really it is not enough exercise. I have a counter that tells you how many steps you take during the day and without exercise it is about 6500 steps a day. I know it has been recommended about 10,000 steps a day, so I am not getting enough exercise, which means I am a more sedentary person than I should be.


No comments:

Post a Comment