Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cupcakes

I made cupcakes for my son’s basketball team snack shack. Now I am not the best frosting decorator there is. In fact, I’m just an average decorator. I look at the magazines and cookbooks for ideas, but I can never really execute what they show. I mean the fancy looking cupcakes that look like Christmas trees or a gingerbread house on top of a cupcake or an angel or even an animal. I am just the average frosting from a can, and then top with some sprinkles and there you have it.




This time I wanted to actually see if the Betty Crocker frosting cans actually frosts as many as they say they do. The can is 12 ounces and states it will frost from 22-32 cupcakes. Now I have never tried this as I always end up eating the frosting from the can. Talk about a sugar high, it is sooo good. I even have put it between two pieces of graham crackers, but it is better plain. But this time I experimented and it actually did frost approximately 30 average size cupcakes. So I was very pleased to find out that what the package stated was true.

I will tell you that the cupcakes didn’t go as fast as I thought they would; the kids actually went for candy. So the lesson I learned was that kids would rather have candy, which should have been no surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment